Haramain High Speed Railway. Phase II (KSA). Saudi Arabia
Client: SRO (Saudi Railways Organization)
Start year: 2012
Completion year: 2018
Construction phase: 2018
Maintenance phase: 2030
Project awarded to a consortium formed by twelve Spanish and two Saudi companies (Al Soula Consortium), for the construction and subsequent operation for a period of twelve years of a high-speed line between the cities of Medina and Mecca, with a length of 450 km and double track.
EyM Arabia is constructing and maintaining 25% of the railway electrification of the line:
- Overhead contact line: 225 km of 2×25 kV high-speed catenary
- Traction electrical substations: two 380 kV / 2×27.5 kV a.c. substations
- Associated auto-transformer substations: 8 ATIs and 1 ATF
The substations and associated auto-transformer stations have been equipped with all the necessary electrical, mechanical and control installations to transform the electricity supplied by the Saudi Electricity Company from 380 kV a.c. to the 2×27.5 kV a.c. required by the trains for their electric propulsion.
The following facilities have been implemented in the technical buildings:
- Medium and low voltage electrical installations
- Mechanical installations: air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing and sanitation
- Protection and control systems