Mecca - Medina High-Speed Railway. Saudi Arabia
HARAMAIN HIGH SPEED RAILWAY. PHASE II (KSA)
SRO (SAUDI RAILWAYS ORGANIZATION)
- Construction phase: 2018
- Maintenance phase: 2030
This project was awarded to a consortium formed by twelve Spanish companies and two Saudis under the acronym ASC (Al Soula Group), for the construction and subsequent operation during a period of 12 years of a high-speed railway between the cities of Makkah (Mecca) and Medina, with a length of 450 kms and double track.
EyM Arabia participates in this project through the construction and maintenance of 25% of the railway electrification:
- Overhead contact line: 225 kms of 2x25 kV high speed catenary
- Electric traction substations: 2 substations of 380 kV / 2x27.5 kV a.c.
- Autotransformation centers: 8 ATIs and 1 ATF
The substations and the autotransformation centers have been equipped with all the electrical, mechanical and control facilities required to transform the 380 kV a.c electricity supplied by the electricity company (Saudi Electricity Company) to the 2x27.5 kV a.c, electricity needed to operate the trains.
The following facilities have been implemented in the technical buildings:
- Medium and low voltage electrical installations
- Mechanical installations: air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing and sanitation facilities
- Control and protection systems